Played August 2, 2015
Reviewed by Mr. Tee
We traveled out to Pennsylvania, home of the Pink Putter, once again but this time for my friend Mirah’s wedding.
She is a phenomenal person, musician and dear friend that I’ve worked with on my record label for over 10 years. After a beautiful weekend of camping, swimming, eating and exchanging with a group of thoughtful creative people, we headed back towards the Pink Putter’s home in the Lehigh Valley. On our way we back we stopped off at this family run fun park that featured two mini golf courses. I was personally intrigued to play this course because it’s name reminded me one of the main characters on the Canadian comedy show Trailer Park Boys (NSFW language). Sadly, the course was not themed after a drunken caretaker (NSFW language) of a trashy Nova Scotian trailer park. We surveyed the scene when we arrived and opted to play just the Mountain Streams course.
Par – This course definitely has the potential of receiving an above average Birdie rating but sadly, it falls short due to maintenance issues. While there isn’t much kitsch on the course, the play does sprawl across a sloped terrain and features a large waterway. The play design is well considered to make it challenging but the maintenance issues were considerable. We’re not expert players so there are times when a ball leaves the course but it almost never leads to balls getting lost. By the time we finished, we lost 3 balls. You can see other examples in our photos below in the full review of the course.
Large water feature / river throughout both courses
Challenging and well designed play using the sloped terrain
Wide variety of hole layouts
Got splinters from the metal flag poles
Parts of the course are showing significant deterioration
- Mountain Streams Course (More Challenging): 18 Holes, Par 51 Falls Course (easier): 18 Holes, Par 45
- Price: Adults $7.50 (18 holes) $11.25 (36 holes) • Children (11 and under) $6 (18 holes) $9 (36 holes)
- Other package deals available and a special Haunted Mini Golf in the Fall
- Flags in the holes. Be careful handling them. I got several metal slivers from them
- Practice green
- Rubber covered putters
- Other amenities include batting cages, go-karts, bumper boats, arcade, and “soft play” area